no network anymore..

mte

hello..

I have a mandrake 10.0 pc and a windows xp pc connected to a switch and from there into an adsl modem. i've done the network install of mandrake and everything worked perfectly (well..as far as network and internet is concerned). after installation I was able to connect to net and do everything except I didn't have LAN between my to pc's configured. So I decided to try to configure it using the wizards in mcc.

The wizard did nothing smart, in fact they destroyed the settings needed to connect with adsl. after that I used the "remove connections" and removed everything from there, then I went into hardware configuration and run the wizard for network card from there to make an adsl connection.

That didn't work so I started searching in forums and did everything I saw (edited the conf files manually) but still with no success..

modules.conf: alias eth0 forcedeth

lsmod | grep force shows that forcedeth is running

ping 127.0.0.1 is ok.

i run adsl-setup and adsl-start

then adsl-status shows it's not running and so does adsl-stop

then i found out that adsl-setup actually does nothing because /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf is empty!

what should I try to do then? I just want the things to be like they were when I installed mandrake!

thanks very much,

Matej

Edited by mte