Kopete and Yahoo!

a13x

The latest version is 0.8.4. You can check your servion in About Kopete section.

The post of devries told you how to add a new source to your package manager then to install the package Kopete from this source to your system. For that, you should process as follows :

1. Open a terminal

2. Log in as root by typing "su" (without quotes) then entering the root password

3. Type this line "urpmi.addmedia thacs.rpms http://rpm.nyvalls.se/10.0/RPMS with hdlist.cz" (without quote) and press Enter to add this new source.

4. After this source being added, always as root, you can type "urpmi kopete" (without quote) to install kopete. After that you can type "updatedb" to update your database.

I've tried this package and it works well.

Good luck

I tried this last night, but I didn't know to do the "updatedb" part.  I still got "wrong password" everytime I tried to open up Yahoo Messenger under Kopete. Is this because I didn't do the "updatedb" part?

Edited by axel_2078

Just log in as root, open the konsole, type "urpmi.addmedia thacs.rpms http://rpm.nyvalls.se/10.0/RPMS with hdlist.cz", press enter then type "updatedb" (yes just like that) and press enter. After this go to

System -> Packaging -> Install Software, search for Kopete and install. Make sure you check the right version (0.8.4). This should work, at least it worked for me.

Edited by a13x

a13x is correct but you can install kopete without MCC :

After updating your database with the command "updatedb" you can install kopete by just typing "urpmi kopete". After that, you may have to reboot your PC. (Note : you have to do all that under the konsole and as root).