lib Mesa Drivers?

teh_sAbEr

im looking to install Cedega from CVS (with help from http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wfsect...hp?articleid=45 this article) on Mandrake 10 CE (downloaded version) and according to the article, i need

XFree86 devel packages

XFree86 Mesa packages

XFree86 Mesa devel packages

Flex (flex-old on debian)

Bison

i think i got the XFree86 devel packages using URPMI, but i dunno about the Mesa packages. isn't Mesa the OpenGL thing for Linux? im usin an nVidia Riva TNT2 32 MB (AGP) card. i have the drivers from nVidia's site installed already. can someone show me just exactly where to go to get this stuff?

======

i also tried installing Foobillard-2.9 from RPM, but it brings up a:

Some package requested cannot be installed:
foobillard-2.9-SDL.i586 (due to unsatisfied libGLcore.so.1)
do you agree ?

this message also comes up when i try to install the SDL Package(+ Devel + Mixer). any advice on these issues? many thanks!

You can do a urmpf mesa to see if mesa is installed. Mesa-devel is part of the xfree86-devel.

If you have installed the Nvidia-driver with the nividia-installer (not as a rpm), urpmi doesn't know it's installed. But you can install foobillard with the --allow-force option.

Good luck

OK, so i tried that and it showed me a list of stuff related to XMMS, like xmms-alsa and xmms-mesa and asked me if this was OK (i believe it was trying to install those, but i didnt) and when i tried to install foobillard from URPMI, it gave me this:

installing foobillard-2.9-SDL.i586.rpm
Installation failed:
       libGLcore.so.1 is needed by foobillard-2.9-SDL
Try installation without checking dependencies? (y/N)

i tried installation without checking dependencies, but now i cant find where its installed. its not in the KDE menu...

[copy of preceding post removed by spinynorman - please use 'add reply' button]