oowriter wrapper does not behave like ooffice

Guest philr

Guest philr

When launching OOo from the KDE menu, it takes several minutes but finally get there OK. I am using OOO 1.1.1 (same behaviour for 1.1.2) on Mdk 10.0 Official.

When launching oowriter from a konsole (same comand as the menu) I get the same behaviour. This is logical but still not very normal !

When launching ooffice directly in a konsole, it is nearly instantaneous. I can click on aFile / new text and I get the oowriter application instantaneously. The machine power is therefore OK.

Both wrappers have a very different behaviour (a few minutes difference !)

While waiting a top Shift A shows soffice.bin using 9% of memory but hardly no CPU. The disk appears however to be sort of scanned (noise).

My $LANG is fr_FR and I have the corresponding spellchecker module installed. I have checked the psfontcache issue but it is not related.

I have also tried to disconnect the network but behaviour remains the same.

I have tried as root as well as as a lambda user.and the behaviour is the same. I have also checked running OOo without Java but no change.

I suspect a font issue but cannot ascertain it. I have the following in my var/log/syslog

Aug 7 19:55:34 lns-vlq-33-82-253-240-153 xfs: ignoring font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont (unreadable)

Aug 7 19:55:34 lns-vlq-33-82-253-240-153 xfs: ignoring font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont/Type1 (unreadable)

Aug 7 19:55:34 lns-vlq-33-82-253-240-153 xfs: ignoring font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont/ttf (unreadable)

Aug 7 19:55:35 lns-vlq-33-82-253-240-153 xfs: ignoring font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/pcf_drakfont:unscaled (unreadable)

I really run out out idea. Thanks in advance for your hints

Phil :wall:

This problem seems that it was the update of the OpenOffice, when I tried to bring up to date OpenOffice 1.1.0 for the 1.1.2 made download of the version tar.gz brought up to date it and later the OpenOffice it stopped to function, the solution was to exclude and to install OpenOffice that came with cds of the Mandrake

But if the problem will not be this makes the shortcuts of the

OpenOffice another time