PHP: MySQL, Apache, and PHP itself.

ncb

Hey I'm trying to use Software Manager to install PHP, Apache, and MySQL. I installed these initially when I just recently reinstalled Mandrake 8.1... I deleted them to start fresh or something in my newbie mind and I was trying to reinstall them from the cds yet it ask me for disc 2: the installation cd and I insert it and it just opens the drive again and asks for disc 2. I know disc 2 can be read still and isn't actually physically messed up because I just used it a cuople days ago to do the install. It just acts like it can't mount it and read it or something thats what i'm presuming. I can't access the cd itself anyways. If I right click and do mount I get an error. I don't know how to really mount via the console. But I have this php book that I just bought that is like Sams Php, MySql, and Apache in one or something like that and it has a cd. Well it in the appendix 'installing things off the cd' or something of that sort had a command which looked like this: Mount /dev/cdrom /mnt -t iso9660 this command makes it totally accessible. I'm wondering how I would apply that same command to the disc 2 installation cd. Because I'm thinking its just not mounting it because their is some issue with that in 8.1. If I recall when I bought 8.1 and first started using the forums, it was an issue at that time on mandrakeuser.org. I'm just looking for help, I need to be able to use the cds to get these packages because I removed them using software manager to do a clean install of them for whatever dumb reason I was thinking of. I tried to go online and find an rpm for MySQL but I couldn't find one maybe I didn't look worth a crap. I play a lot of guitar and am in college and busy with other things so this is like a side personal hobby for me the whole linux thing so I don't put enough effort into it for sure, but I want to get all these programs working together so I can teach myself php. Thanks.

Scratch this post, I got Software Manager to finally read the cds. I don't know what the problem is, I know its something wrong with 8.1 and the mounting of the cds but oh well it works now.