MDK 9.0

Guest billforce

Guest billforce

I loaded MDK 8.2 and have been trying to learn it about a month ago, now I have ordered a set of MDK 9.0. What changes can I expect, REALLY? I like 8.2 although it requires a lot of new learning and attention to be able to use it effectively.

billforce

I can't get very technical about the changes (there are people here who could though) but I also used 8.2 and gave up with it after a while.

Now I am on 9.0 and loving it. I think what got me going was an instant love affair with Gnome 2.0 (which has replaced my love of KDE).

It also had better support for most of my hardware and urpmi seems to give less hassles.

I also discovered this board, where help is only a few clicks away. The people here are great and will solve just about any problem you encounter. Of course some learning will be required (like with anything) but I'll think you'll find the learning to require less pain.

Try it I guess. ButI don't think you'll have to wait for MDK 10 to start enjoying the distro, if ya know what I mean :wink:

Guest glaston
Now I am on 9.0 and loving it. I think what got me going was an instant love affair with Gnome 2.0 (which has replaced my love of KDE).

That's how I felt about it too. I initially had KDE on MDK9, then saw screenshots of Gnome2. I instantly fell in love with Gnome2!

KDE is way too windows like. And Gnome really has something different to offer as far as a desktop environment goes.

I like the earthy and rich colors Gnome has, as opposed to KDE's brightness. After all, I switched to Linux to get away from Windows. Why would I want a KDE/Windows clone as my Linux desktop!?