Konqueror segfaults on detail view

Guest rhaposo

Guest rhaposo

I have a Mdk 10 official fresh install which is giving me some grief, I haven't been able to find anything that addresses this problem via google, hopefully someone here can help .

Konqueror appears to be working fine in anything but detail view, problem is that I prefer to use konq in midnight commander mode - 2 panels showing detail views etc.

There is nothing to indicate what is going on, when I start konq from the desktop and select detail view all that happens is that the CPU pegs at 100% and after a delay of a couple of minutes the window closes. I've started konq from the command line but there is only a little more information gained from doing that.

$ konqueror --profile midnightcommander

konqueror: WARNING: KGenericFactory: instance requested but no instance name passed to the constructor!

Segmentation fault

NB! drkonqi doesn't catch the fault so there is no backtrace to report. There doesn't appear to be any logs written to clarify whats going on and other than forcing a coredump I can't see how to gain more info. Is there any way of forcing some verbose debugging?

Anyway, some pointers on fixing this would be very appreciated.