LAN on KT400 mobo does not like MDK

Pain999

I have a ECS L7VTA (KT400 chipset) that I can't get any NIC card or the onboard ethernet to work with Mandrake 10.0. It works fine with Suse, Knoppix and Windows so I know it physically works but no matter how I try to configure Mandrake it won't work. Using a cable modem with a Linksys router and trying to set it up with DHCP. I have even tried disabling the onboard NIC and tried two other NIC cards but nothing seems to be able to get to the internet so it must be the motherboard. Mandrake seems fine with my other Nforce2 mobos, but for some reason it does not like this L7VTA. Anyone been able to get the LAN working with this mobo and Mandrake?

This is my ifcfg-eth0 file:

Device = eth0

BootProto = dhcp

Onboot = yes

MII_NOT_Supported = 0

Wireless_ENC_Key = ""

NeedHostName = yes

Edited by Pain999

Haven't tried this MoBo, but find it pretty unlikely that it won't work with mdk - more likely to be our old friend a 'wizard problem'.

Have a look at the sticky post at the top of the networking forum and take it from there. Let us know how you get on. Post output from ifconfig if still having probs.

Chris