Oooh dear......downloaded wrong version

nayarpatel

Hi all....

heh....this is kinda embarrasing.....

well, finally decided to get Mandrake for my server computer, so when I went to the official site I found most of the mirrors to be too slow (to download the file) as was the bittorent file (I have never really been able to use bittorent properlly)

but anyway, I figured that since this was freeware there ought to be plenty of copies on p2p networls, so I went onto the edonkey network, typed in Manrake 10 and clicked on the files with the greatest sources

however........there were 6 cds of them

It was only after I had downloaded these 6 cd iso's that I realised that they were slightly different from the refular 3 cd iso available on the website

And that's when it clicked

This was the powerpack version.....the one that you are meant to buy

So basically that means that I now have an illegal version, and I don't want that.

So I was wandering, is it possible to install using only the first 3 cds of the powerpack and discard the other 3 cds so my install of linux does not have the extra features of powerpack?

Or does it mean I will have to download the proper 3 cds all over again? Cause I would much rather bin the extra 3 cds of the power pack and install with the first 3 cds thyan to bin all of them and redownload the 3 cds.....does that make sense?

Anyway, I really would like to correct this error and certainly do not want to start of my time in the linux world with an illegal copy (these guys worked hard for this and I don't want to steal from them anymore than I am by getting the free version from their site)

Please don't flame me, it was a mistake on my part and am willing to fix it.