FireFox installation

Sherpa

How do I install Acrobat Reader on Linux?

To install the Acrobat Reader plugin, copy nppdf.so to your Mozilla plugins directory, and make sure a copy of (or symlink to) acroread is in your PATH.

Note: If you do not know how to mess around with the PATH environment variable, there is a quick and easy fix. Simply create a symbolic link to acroread in a location that is in your path - /usr/X11R6/bin is a good place to put it. If you installed Acrobat Reader in /usr/local/Acrobat5, issue the following command at a terminal as root. Replace /usr/local/Acrobat5/ with your Acrobat Reader installation directory if you installed it somewhere else.

ln -s /usr/local/Acrobat5/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread /usr/X11R6/bin/acroread

Important! All users should upgrade to Acrobat Reader 5.0.9, as earlier versions of Acrobat Reader have security issues.

Source

i have not done anything to the PATH, mainly b/c i am a stupid n00b and dont know what it is or what to do, but i did issue that command that they gave as root..............

is there not an rpm for adobe reader????

Edited by Sherpa

I would like my KDE panel icon bar to launch FireFox instead of Konqueror.

I right clicked on it, changed properties to point to FireFox, and when I click on it it launches firefox but prompts me to select a profile.

When I type FireFox from the command line it doesn't.

How do I make it use the same profile as the one from the command line?

Also, is there a way to have FireFox always start maximized?

remove the i con you made, go to menu drake, add a link to firefox, make sure you put the command as being "firefox", then set an icon for it, save it, (it will say updating menu). once it is done right click on the taskbar ADD>>APPLICATION BUTTON>>FIREFOX (select your button that you just made). Now it will work....

as for the start maximized, open firefox, maximize the window then is the upper left hand corner click on the little down arrow then got to ADVANCED>>STORE WINDOW SETTING

then close and restart firefox, and it will start maximized

ya, i have mozplugger, but i cant seem to get it to work....

hold up! Are you saying you have it because urpmf returned info? Or because rpm -q did? Urpmf only searches the database.....both installed and available for install.

In the addressbar do

about:plugins

is mozplugger there? If not do

urpmi mozplugger

Edited by bvc

remove the i con you made, go to menu drake, add a link to firefox, make sure you put the command as being "firefox", then set an icon for it, save it, (it will say updating menu). once it is done right click on the taskbar  ADD>>APPLICATION BUTTON>>FIREFOX (select your button that you just made). Now it will work....

How do I set the icon to Firefox's? the only icon I can find is in ~/firefox/chrome/icons/default/default.xpm but menudrake seems to insist on using png files.

Edit: I used the gimp to create a png image from the xmp but the file is still grayed out in menudrake. What am I missing?

Edited by papaschtroumpf