New machine; old installer

lrsach01

Hey all! I'm having some trouble with installing Mandrake 10. I've done it before on a P3-500MHz computer with 128 megs of ram. A little slow but its what I had to work with. Now I have a blistering P4-3GHz with 1 gig of ram and 120 gigs of space on a SATA hard drive. I also have a lovely flat panel monitor. :)

When I installed 10 on the little computer, everything went fine except for some trouble with the scroll mouse. No biggie.

Now I'm up to installing the new machine. Right from the start things are a little bogus. I don't get the "pretty" installer. It looks like a bastardized version of the old 7.2 installer. Almost text-like in its simplicity. Unfortunately, this makes selections and installation a real pain in the buttocks. :wall: I went through the install making mostly default selections figuring I could add what I want later. Reboot time comes and boom....back no lilo just WinXP. Any one have any roadsigns for me? Any pointers toward the right direction would be KEEN!

I've seen Mandrake 10.0 skip the actual lilo/bootloader during installation - make sure you go through the routine either at install time (summary at the end, even though it says bootloader already configured, just go through it) or pop in the first cd, do repair (f1 and follow instructions) then choose repair bootloader.