Kernel 2.6.6-3mdk + source

I'm still kind of a newbie, I'm experimenting with ML, to replace XP on my major Box.

I had to do a reinstall because of this experimenting.

My problem is that my previous install was running on kernel-2.6.6-3mdk and I can't find this kernel with kernel-source.

Kernel 2.6.6 was working perfectly on my (nForce) box (the APIC-thing was solved and so on).

I'v tried the latest 2.6.7 RC but it isn't working (can't even boot into it, still working on it).

If anyone of you got a mirror for kernel-2.6.6-3mdk I would be much obliged.

Thx

BTW I have tried to compile a kernel 2.6.6 from kernel.org but untill now it was'nt a succes. I need the precompiled one to get my box switching between ML and XP, without going into the bios to disable/enable APIC everytime.

Did you inheirit this box or install from CD's, downloaded ISO's, etc.? If you still have original media it should be there. The latest Mandrake 10 ISO I pulled had 2.6.3-4mdksecure #1 SMP which is what I'm running. Perhaps I don't fully understand your question.....

Hope that helps!

Wren

f you had 2.6.6 working on your computer, there should still be a lilo entry for it. It might be towards the bottom, but it should still be there.

I'm afraid not, I did a fresh reinstall without saving anything. Actually I'm working with XP :furious3: because there are still two applications I've got to get working in ML.

1. A good p2p-client (this one should not be so hard)

2. I have a (windows) program to do my banking, I'm trying to get this working in vmware, but I still have not figured out how to get my modem running to send the transactions.

Once I have found a solution for these 2, I'm going to do a last fresh install to switch completely to ML.

Untill that time I'm messing around, and trying... Therefore I regulary mess everything leaving me nothing but a complete new fresh install.

The good news is, I got kernel-2.6.7.0.rc2.1mdk to work yesterday, so untill now I'm a happy camper B)