Digital LCD Compatibility and Drake 10.0

Guest uraclea2002

Guest uraclea2002

Has anyone installed 10.0 on a machine with DVI input to the LCD. I have a Dell 1702FP, and loose the screen when the GUI starts. With analog input all is well.

Yes, it is absolutely possible. I'm 99.9999% sure.

The trick is to find the right settings to put in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Saddly, I can't help you there.

If you're new to linux, let me tell you how to edit that file withought the gui loading. If you're familiar with linux, you can probably stop reading here.

1. When lilo (the boot loader) comes up and asks you what you want to boot, hit escape

2. you'll get a text promt and a list of the available kernels, just enter 'linux 1' without the quotes.

3. This time it will boot up to something that looks a bit like an old dos prompt. type 'su' and hit enter.

4. Now enter the following command: 'vi /etc/X11/XF86Config-4'

5. Now you are looking at the text file containing all the settings fot the gui. I don't know exactly what you will need to change, but you're in the right place. Just hit 'i' or insert to make it so you can edit the text.

6. When you're all done editing it, hit esc, then hit ':' and then 'wq' and press enter.

7. Reboot.