Missing Packages!

Guest kjbuente

Guest kjbuente

I have installed M10 with out any fuss, I have updated the kernel hoping that it would have a few things to tweak my system. (All it really did though is make my CPU run cooler). Well, Installed no errors. Compiled the kernel, rebooted, got some error about ipvs missing. But I do not use that so I just ignored it. :zzz:

Okay, Now I'll get the point. :unsure:

When I tried to open "Configure your Computer" I get an error basically saying:

"File:/usr/share/applnk-mdk/system/configuration/configure your computer.desktop is missing"

Not exact works, but you get the idea

Also, I went to go and try to install wine. And it opens the "open with" dialog. If I try the console strait I get something about not being able to execute Binary files.

Does anyone know what I'm trying to say here and not having a easy time doing so? :screwy:

Any software installation must be as the super user. So, be sure you do that. (su to root)

KDE sounds like it might be messed up or incomplete. Can you launch the control center parts via the menu>configuration>kde>(choose a part to launch)?

Guest kjbuente

I have found something rather interesting and helpful..... in way

I installed M10o onto another computer and I found out that it is actually MISSING a few packages. So, I'm going to replace those missing packages and see what happens. The only thing is that I just got my kernel configured the way I want it. Is there a way that I can install these missing packages and keep my current system? They are not RPMs that are missing. there .i586 files.

??

the rpm is how software is packaged for Mandrake. If you have missing files, and partial packages, I would force an install of the appropriate rpm, that is, the ones that have the missing parts. It sounds like a bad download or bad burn being used to install the system. The only thing messing with your kernel would be a kernel rpm, so leave those alone.