Installing from hd questions...

miemens

Hello everyone,

Okay I have mdk 9.2 installed and want to wipe my hd and do a fresh install of mdk 10. The problem is that I don't have a burner...I've done an install from hd before using this tutorial before but it's using windows. My windows partition has been gone since 9.2 was installed. I really don't want to install windows just so I can install linux and then have to uninstall windows again. Is there a tutorial out there for doing this under my current install of mdk? Or does anyone know of any apps I can use in place of the win32 ones used in the link? I'm a little bit lost and could use some help :P Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Guest kjbuente

Well, I have a suggestion...

this is what I do, Since I reinstall my OS often on a trial PC. I have a special Partition that just has a directory that is called M10. I have all of the Mandrake files that is required for install. Then I used the 8 meg ISO boot file to burn to CD. But since you said you do not have a burner. I belive that there is an Boot floppy image that you can use instead. I'm not sure since I use the Boot CD.