Mandrake 10 official - installation tweak's ?

bigjohn

Well, my mandrake 10 official powerpack dvd arrived this morning :D which is great. I got it installed over the top of the gentoo install that I couldn't manage to repair, again, great.

Now one of the odd thing's that I can't sus out is that during the install, it's configured my monitor brilliantly, but I can't fathom how to stop the screen virtual size thing, I'd like it so it fill's the screen, and not so I have to chase stuff all over the place to see it they're being displayed.

The monitor is a philip brilliance 201B business 21 inch model, which in theory at least, is supposed to be capable of displaying at 1600x1200. I've set it via the gui so it's set at 1280x1024, but it insist's on having a larger virtual size - that's what I'd like to modify.

Now I know it's a setting in the XF86Config, but can't recall which one, so could anyone tell me where to look "graphically" to stop that please?

regards

John (finally posting from mandrake 10 official, and happy :D)