KDevelop upgrading problems....

Guest caslca

Yeah, that one's a bitch. I have the default 2.1.3 installed( that one comes with MDK)

Weird things:

1. KDevelop recommends using automake versions 1.52 and up. MDK installs 1.4 and 1.62 but it always defaults to 1.4. If i force it to 1.62, KDevelop won't work anymore ?!?!. I have to manually type ./configure --enable-debug in the console to have the options of building the project within the IDE and debugging it.

2. Installing the latest KDevelop 2.1.4 (recompile from src) is not very hard but the damned thing REQUIRES! automake 1.52 or higher. So naturally i replace 1.4 with 1.6 in /usr/bin and weird problem#1 kicks in.

3. in both cases (using 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 with automake1.62) the debugger starts acting too. When i debug step by step, the debugger's execution pointer jumps all over my code (code is executed normally - the debugger just shows incorrect executing line-number), coming back to places that it just went through.

anyone got any ideas what to do here??

ps. i was thinking that the debugger's jumpin around might be due to some optimizations done on the code. Within the project options i haven't given any optimizations, but since i have to manually ./configure the project, i'm not sure if there aren't any optimization flags inside the configure script.

thanks alot for reading!

Guest birkarl

If you get it to work somehow, let us know. I have had problems using kdevelop in conjunction with stock-MDK stuff, too. I resorted to using another machine with another distro for now, and just use MDK for... well, IRC and surfing.

*Soon released - PeTrivia*