Linksys WPC54G wireless card

Guest hlgaskill

Guest hlgaskill

I have downloaded MDK 10.0 and installed it on my IBM Thinkpad 390E and from the looks of things I'm going to like it. I know NOTHING about command line! I have read several posts concerning wireless cards and haven't seen, or recognized, anything that would help me get my Linksys WPC 54G card to work. I have two wired network cards and they both work but I would really appreciate any insight into this problem. As soon as I can become wireless, Window$ is gone from my desktop also. I had Linspire on this box at one time but they didn't offer any help but said with a newer kernel it might be available. MDK has the newer kernel, I like it better than any I have used, but I'm still wired to the wall. Please help.

trying to get that thing to work is a pain in the as...... i am a noob too, and i had the same card, and the same problem i could not get any of that ndiswrapper stuff to work, i reccomend getting a wireless eithernet bridge Look here

then (if you dont have one) you will also need an ethernet card like this one Pci Card

this way the only drivers you have to install are the default mandrake drivers for a generic pci ethernet card.

I know this works because this is my exact setup now, make sure you read about the linksys bridge at that link, it explains exactly how it works :cheesy: :D

hope this helps :lol:

Edited by Sherpa