Mouse

Guest york

Guest york

In knoppix, XF86Config-4 file has three sections of input device;

Identifier "Serial Mouse", Identifier "PS/2 Mouse", and Identifier "USB Mouse" with different options. I have put all in my mandrake and none works

thanks

YK

ok...

in knoppix, copy the:

Identifier "PS/2 Mouse"

section (all the other parts, protocol etc.)

then scroll down to the bottom of your XF86Config-4 file and there will be a section regarding which things to load. Change the one that has the name of the original mouse section to "PS/2 Mouse" instead of what's there.

Edited by tyme

Hello Tyme,

" then scroll down to the bottom of your XF86Config-4 file and there will be a section regarding which things to load. "

Thanks tyme it worked. Now I can use the mouse to click on the icons. However,three icons; floppy, Hard Disk, Trash and Welcome appear on top of the screen but cannot see the lower bar where web browser, terminal program, and etc are are located at the same time I have to move the cursor up and down on the screen in order to see either the top or bottom icons. I have tried to adjust my screen but no success.

Thanks

JK

Hello somedude,

Thanks for your quick reply.

"Does anything change when you hit Ctrl Alt and the + or - keys on the numeric pad? " Yes it shrinks and expands with bigger and smaller icons and test.

" Your resolution is set to more than what the monitor is set to " How do I solve this problem?

Thanks

YK