Palm Substitute

I am currently using a Palm M515 as an essential companion. I use MDK 9.2 at home, and windoze 2k/Lotus Notes at work. I am able to use the palm handheld to sync my address books and such between home and work. Life is good.

However, a few weeks ago, my palm contracted SUDS....a long story...but I am forced to either return it to palm to fix, or do a strange dance with different cables every time I want to sync. I am extremely busy, and I prefer to use multiple cables at home, the office, and on the road rather than go without my substitute for an adequate long-term memory.

My employer will get me a new PDA....but they will only supply an Axiom (or something like that) from Dell. They must get hockey tickets or something, as my IT people are not very aware as to why this is so.

Aside from my aversion to anything additional that uses windows....is there anything I need to be concerned about? Will this thing sync to MDK? Should I just buy a new palm on my own?

Any insight would be appreciated.

[moved from Hardware by spinynorman]