Sound in KDE

Ixthusdan

I have lost my sound in kde. Except that I have sound in Pysol, but nothing else. Switching between snd-em10k1 and emu10k1 changes nothing. I have a soundblaster Alive! card that I have used successfully for several years. My sound levels are fine in kde, and the system is turned on. What I have noticed is that when I load kmix, kde claims I have no mixer to choose!

I tried a new user, same results. Any suggestions?

I might have thought that, except aumix does not work either! It is something in kde, though, because I believe pysol is not really a part of the kde system, and so is doing its own thing.

I had this issue when I booted with my webcam in a usb at the back of my box, I lost all sound then managed to reinstall the driver and sound restored but not on the splash screen initiation, then the whole system started going down, first xfree, so had to xlfconfig drivers again against kernel source, in the end the whole thing went very weird and had to do a full reinstall and leaving the webcam for win xp. :wall: