When suspending the screen turns black

In using Mandrake 10.0 powerpack with kde, and i have a notebook Asus A2500.

So in klaptop, when i click to suspend goes fine, but when i click a button to go back, the screen stays black, and the only solution is te reboot manually.

Any help?

Does CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE or CTRL-ALT-F1 work to restart X?

My laptop (IBM ThnkPad T21) wil not come out of suspend in X either. I usually just logout of X before suspending the machine. No, this is not an elegant solution ... but my laptop sits on a docking station 95% of the time, so I can live with it not working.

In using Mandrake 10.0 powerpack with kde, and i have a notebook Asus A2500.

So in klaptop, when i click to suspend goes fine, but when i click a button to go back, the screen stays black, and the only solution is te reboot manually.

Any help?

What do you mean "click a button to go back"? To resume the laptop from suspend, you must press a button on the keyboard (on my laptop, it's Fn+F4).

I did what you said, click Fn+F4 ans its the same, when returning from suspend the continues black, so i need to restart manually.

And my Fn+... buttons dont work.

Any help to put this Fn buttons working and to fix suspend and resuming?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arjuna

I have similar problem with MDK 10, kernel 2.6.3-13 (urpmi upgrade from 9.2) on Compaq Presario 900 laptop. Suspending works, but resuming will leave the screen blank. The system just hangs, and Ctrl+alt+backspace does nothing, so it is not the X that is hanging. Rebooting with Ctrl+Alt+Del does not work either.

Also, Fn+F3 (sleep) has no effect for suspending nor for resuming.

Thanks for any help.