Yet another ATI problem...

Guest miketigerwoods

Guest miketigerwoods

I've looked through almost every post on this board and linuxquestions...

I have a Sapphire 9600 pro 128mb video card. I've tried installing this many times without success, I've tried everything I've read and when I run glxinfo, Mesa is always claims the OpenGL and direct rendering always says no.

My board is asus a7n8x deluxe, so its nforce2...I've tried installing the dri (radeon version and r200 also) from dri.sourceforge.net, while recompiling the kernel to disable builtin dri...no luck.

I've installed the ati driver rpm, then went into the driver directories and compiled the drivers and ran fglrxconfig countless times...I'm running 10.0 OE.

Is it that my card is 3rd party based on a ati chip (powerd by ati), or is there a magical step I have yet to try?

Guest miketigerwoods

Just checked ATI's stie and they jsut released new drivers yesterday (3.9.0)!

I'm gonna install them and see if anything helps...

EDIT: Well, installed the rpm ran fglrxconfig and restarted X, still have a No for direct rendering and Mesa still claims OpenGL. Then I built the module manually and installed it, same problems...why is it always hit or miss with ATI drivers?

Edited by miketigerwoods