Mandrake 10.0 on Thinkpad T21

Guest maxnax

Guest maxnax

When I try to install Mandrake 10.0 at the end of procedure (left 10 seconds) installer ask me the CD nr.4 (I have only 3 cd) and after that Display appear not configured. I try to configure manually with VESA parameter or others but on the final step of installation my laptop freeze. At the reboot Linux start in the textual mode and if i try to start kde or others graphical environment I have a error message .... display not configured ..... :oops:

From the command line type in

XF86config

This will give you a text based way of changing vidio settings. No need to reinstall each time.

Try to find out the vidio screen settings you need to get the laptops monitor running.

Try to find what the vidio chipset is that you have. That will help you choose what driver to use.

the edition that was given to mandrake club members had a fourth cd. the download edition does not, and they didn't had a feature to choose what cd's you had. just ignore it :) cd 4 doesn't have anything on it that you can't get from the contribution repositories anyways.