kmix keeps resetting !

lets-eat-gary

Hi,

I'm using mandrake 10 official - ive put it on 3 computers and it works genrally great.

Just managed to get soulseek working (nicotine) - those who don't know about this p2p app are missing out of the greatest choice in very rare music . also got azureus working - getting really good speeds.

on my main computer computer however i have 1 minor problem

- kmix resets the volume on each login to kde

- the other 2 computers do not have this problem.

- i know it's not a major issue but its annoying having to turn up the volume every time i want to hear some sound!

My sound card i'm having problems with is a SB 128 PCI although Kmix reports it as a Cirrus logic CS4297A Rev A

(would using a different driver help ?)

Any ideas

Edited by lets-eat-gary

try using aumix, set the volumes, save settings, & see if that does it. aumix overrides kmix settings.

Chris

- any idea why it's happening?

AFAIK, that's always been the case with KDE. aumix will override the kmix settings. i never really looked into any further since that fixes the problem.

- am i using the wrong driver ?

honestly, i don't really know. you could try playing around with different drivers & see if you can get a better match for the SB. but, regardless of that fact, aumix will still override the kmix settings. is the sound onboard, or is it a separate sound card? the cirrus logic driver tends to be sort of a default driver when nothing else works properly. if it were me, if you have sound & you're happy with it, i'd leave it alone. if you wanna try other drivers, just make note of the one you currently have that's working so you know what to go back to.

Chris