mdk update

Guest garyv

Guest garyv

I'm trying to update mdk 10 community, and I can successfully update any non-mdk tools. However, if I attempt to update any of the mdk tools, I am unsuccessful. Everything seems to lead to drakextools-newt-10.34.1mdk.i586. The specific error returned is

Sorry, the following package(s) can't be selected.

drakextools-newt-10.34.1mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied perl(Libconf::Glueconf::NUT::Ups_conf))

I've tried a number of update sources, and two different systems, and I get the same result. Is anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know the solution, or, are all the update sources messed up?

Head over to http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi and follow the directions there to add a main source to your urpmi. You will need to do this as root in a console (open a console, type su <enter> your root password <enter> ) then try the update. The package that you are missing is perl-Libconf which is located in the main repositories.

While you're there, you might want to add a contrib and plf source to urpmi as well.

It's called "dependancy hell" and I have the same problem. Maybe re-install and download all new updates? :wall:

No need to do that.

Actually, if you are on a broadband internet connection, you can add main, contrib, plf and updates sources to urpmi then remove your cd sources (if you're adding the new sources, remove the old ones first with urpmi.removemedia -a) and always have up-to-date files at your disposal.

Just remember, before you install anything (via cli, anyway) to issue the command (as root) urpmi.update -a