Network Install of Mdk10 Official

Guest dbm1175

Guest dbm1175

I've downloaded boot.iso from a mirror and burned a CD to try the network install of Mdk10 Official. Unfortunately the network detection seems to be going horribly wrong.

My network is behind a firewall/router. The firewall/router hands out DHCP addresses in the 192.168.x.x range. So during my installation, I tell it to use DHCP and to use 'stupidname' as the server name and my external name (of the firewall router) as the domain... Unfortunately, the install seems to do a reverse lookup on the host name... which fails.

How can I turn off this reverse lookup? When I skip the step of entering the host and domain names, it then uses the loopback device... which is not very useful for a network install.

thanks,

~dbm1175

I don't have an answer for you, but if you want to get it done, try doing a direct connect without the firewall (just temporarily) assuming you have a cable modem or DSL what not. Afterwards, you can reset-up your network again with the firewall going.. not the best answer..