USB in MDK

rockybalboa

OK first I'll admit that I am using a MicroShaft Optical USB Wheel Mouse.

Problem is that whenever I set X up the way it should be, the mouse wheel doesn't work. Upon reboot X has reselected it's own mouse driver; usually PS/2.

I've tried numerous edits to my XConfig file and most of them have resulted in Xserver not being able to start. I'm tired of gambling on hosing up my XConfig since it took me two days to get the NVIDIA install to work correctly.

Anybody have any experience with the above mentioned Mouse probs? Most of the solutions I've found were listed in Suse and Fedora boards and none of them worked. Looks like the MDK community hasn't had this problem as long as the others.

Thnx,

Dan

Unfortunately you will have to edit XF86Config file and add the following line in the device section to enable the wheel on your mouse:

Option "ZAxismapping" "4 5"

That'll do the trick.;)

Edited by SoulSe

Worked like a charm. Took two tries. I thought I had restarted the X Server the first time, but the change didn't start working until after I rebooted. Still shows "Any PS/2 mouse" in harddrake, but all the functions work aside from that crazy press down middle button/scroll thing. Wheel works fine though.

Thanks,

Dan