how do i get acces to my dynamic (winxp) disks?

Guest rasmusgp

Guest rasmusgp

ok made it this far, searched the forum, but i cannot find the solution to this, or im too stupid to understand it. Im total new to linux. I have mandrake 10 on a separate hd, win xp on another. Then i have 4 additional disks, all dynamic that i would like very much to be able to acces from linux, they are plugged into a cdm649 controller card and a sata sil 3112 card. Both are supported by mandrake, and just to be sure i went to winxp, repartitioned one hdd to logic disk device and then went back, now that drive is accesible in linux. nice, but i dont want to do this with the drives so im looking for the explanation on how to acces these dynamic drives in mandrake, thanx

Guest rasmusgp

ill have to add that i now managed to mount the drives, but im only able to see them as root, i read in the mount man that i have to change the unmask value, which is given in octal....err sure.Anyone knows how to do this?

I dont know, you might wanna check "man umask"

I think that when you go to Mandrake Controll Center and manage your partitions there should be an option to allow normal users to mount. I also think that if you mount them as root you should be able to access them as a regular user afterwards. I also thought that Dynamic Disks were not usable in Linux.

Guest rasmusgp

Oh they are usable, i just keep reading that its not advisable to make them write enabled, so... but i found the a related problem mentioned in a old post on linuxquestions so i copied his fgrep entries for nfts drives and now the drives are mounted and readable. How do i kill this thread?