Hi I'm new, but what brought me here?

J++

Aight, I haven't read all these posts...first half or so...but I full agree with what J++ is saying. I had a friend using mandrake once...he went back to windows in under a week. It's not nearly as point-and-click as windows. The entire thing my friend said that made him switch was the fact that, with windows, you double-click an install file, and it runs. In Linux, you can't just double-click...and that's why he went back to windows...he's too lazy to type a few things into the terminal...

Now, he didn't have urpmi, because I didn't know about it then. If I had tried now though, he still wouldn't have it. I am not totally sure on what it is, but I tried to get it once, and couldn't figure it out...lol...I just stick with the console...I mean, RPM drake is cool for the stuff on the discs, but for everything else, console is easy enough. People are just too lazy IMHO....and that's gonna get worse, not better. I've never used Lindows, but it seems to be a good starting point for ppl to try out Linux in a more lazy-friendly environment :P

Edited by Urza9814