problems problems...

burak

hi i have g- force 4 mx 440 and when i install mandrake 10 i have a lot of problems related with the kernel 2.6 and nvidia drivers.like this, at the end of the installation in the configuring part mandrake says you have g force 4 yes it is true but suddenly mandrake is installing nvidia 53.36 and open glx without my permission so when the mandrake reboot again the problems starts with the startx.1)do i have any chance not to install nvidia drivers ? (i looked at the introduction of cd4 and i saw that all of nvidia drivers in that cd)

after the installation 2)i have 3 linux!!!! which are linux , linux-smp and linux-nonbf how can i remove linux-smp and linux-nonbf from the lilo?

3) i have also xp and when i want to start xp from the lilo,xp does not start !!! i saw just black screen and white cursor:) is there any chance to start my xp again?

thank you .....

In your bios try changing the hard drive settings from auto the LBA. Then try getting inti Xp again. Its a known partitioning error. The numbers get a little off when Mandrake repartitions and writes the new partition data to the drive.

You can leave the extra linux entries there for now.

As for the video issue try running:

xf86config

from the commandline after logging in. Choose the genaric VESA driver for the video card instead of the nvidia one and make sure you use the correct monitor settings. This should get you to a GUI so you can then download the correct Nvidia drivers from Nvidia and install them.