MDK 10 Upgrade from 9.2

rockybalboa

I don't mean to be insulting, but as a Newb I don't know how to recognize advantages or disadvantages.

As a Win32 programming student I know that a hell of allot of work went into 10 as well as any release and I respect that.

I'm into learning new things, but I'm still new to 9.2 and don't want to have to learn all new stuff unless it's has a benefit. And I don't want to wind up with an install that I'm not smart enough to fix.

I posted this here because I wanted the opinion of those who are in the process of teaching me what I know about 9.2. If someone wants to bump it elsewhere that's fine.

Thanx,

Dan

Moved by Ixthusdan

Edited by Ixthusdan

After ML-7.2 miserably failing with my hardware I got ML-8.1 one month b4 8.2 was released. Well I wanted the new stuff, so I hacked away at the man and info pages, and google, then found the old, old board (club-nihil -whatever- Tom's board). When 9.0 was release my 8.1 was almost equal to it. Point is, if you're truly learning then IMO you're fine on 9.2. 10 isn't really different just newer. Added features? I can't say because I don't know what you're doing with it. When you've broken and fixed it a few times then you can do whatever you want, and you can't really learn if you're not breaking it, IMO. :D

Edited by bvc

True about break and learn, that's my best teacher too.

I too, have learned the cost of wanting the latest and greatest.

However, being a student blah,blah... I need an OS to function in also. Truth is I approached this with the intent of eventually running M$ Winblows on only one of 4 machines.

Thanks for the input,

Dan