Dumb terminal question

red

I have a friend that uses a *nix machine for pricing/ordering/sales. The main system is a p133 w 64 mB and a 1gb drive. Connected to this machine are 2 additional "dumb terminals". The box has a card installed that has a huge 50 or so pin connector, to which a sort of "splitter" connects, splitting it into 4 DB25 connectors. Connected to the DB25 connectors are DB25>RJ45 adapters, which then run to the dumb derminal, to an RJ45>DB25 connector then to the port on the back of the terminal. I am guessing these are all serial connections.

At present, only 2 of the connections are being used, and we would like to connect to this machine from a windows box. Should we be able to use one of the available connections to connect via serial port from a windows machine to the *nix box and use a terminal program (kermit?) for entering orders/sales?

I know you may require more information, but this is all I have ATM.

Thanks,

RED

moved to networking by Ixthusdan

Edited by Ixthusdan

The current system does not have a nic and I am unsure exactly what flavor of *nix is installed. I seem to recall seeing SCO somewhere when it boots but I could be wrong.

Also, it is their desire to keep this system completely off the ethernet network, they just want access from a Windows box via a terminal.

RED