MAC OS 9 clients

red

Hiya folks,

Well I was finally able to get m MDK 9.2 server running and able to have windows and MAC os 9 boxes talking to it.

I have one minor clitch which is keeps me from closing the book on this chapter of my linux experience....The MDK box does not show up in the MAC OS9 Chooser, in order to connect, I must enter the MDK 9.2 IP address.

I have gone through all the netatalk config files and tried a host of different options, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch.

RED

I wish I could give more details, though I do not know what you woudl like to know.

Functionally it works just fine, so long as the IP of the MDK box doesn't change, if it does, then the users could be required to reconnect, right?

I have created aliases to the shared folder and after reboot, they work just fine, asking for credentials and connecting when the supplied.

I just want this the box to be seen by the chooser, thats all.

Thanks again,

RED

Well.........

I found the problem. After searching high and low for a solution and seeing many others with the same issue, I ran across one post that took me back to basics; I needed to make sure Appletalk on the Mac was connecting through Ethernet. This made sense because it then hit me; my W2K server with Mac services and Appletalk installed was not appearing in the Chooser either!!

Anyway, to make a longer story short, I checked Appletalk on the Mac, sure enough it was set for serial, not ethernet, changed it to ethernet and both the linux box and W2K box appeared before my eyes!!!

Thanks for the assistance anyway!

RED