Qmail/Squirrelmail and smtp authentication

Ronin

Had enough time on my hands last weekend to set up qmailrocks from http://www.qmailrocks.org/ on the server and it works like a charm.

After the 3rd attempt that is. Man we have to work on this 20 step process to install things. Linux is excellent but writing this takes more time then it would take to install Exchange. :juggle:

Now I had to do a little voodoo to get around my ISP blocking port 25 though and I can't get Squirrelmail to work. What I had to do is get the Alternate port 25 package from no-ip.com which has me using them as a smtp server on an odd port. It works great for my email clients but not for Squirrelmail. I have to get it to authenticate to the no-ip.com and seem to be too blond, more likely its this darn cold making me stupid, to figure out how to get qmai/squirrelmail to authenticate to a different smtp server.

Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Got it figured out. Theres a smtp_auth patch needed, another multiple step process of course, lol :wall: but I have it working. :thumbs:

My local qmail server relays to my ISP's smtp server then onto the world. I can't seem to get it to relay to my no-ip.com one as yet but I'm getting authentication errors so at least I know it's working.