Internet connection

Spill

I have a wireless router in the basement - D-Link 614+ - and a computer upstairs in my house with a wireless card - D-Link 520+ PCI - in a WIN2000 computer, with internet connection sharing enabled; through a second PCI Lan card - which is in turn cabled into a hub. DHCP is setup on this computer - and works when connection Win machines - have tried many times!

Nowing Mandrake 10; on a PIII 700 Cel.; with a D-Link 530TX v D2 Lan card - install finds and setups the card...but it doesn't connect to the network/Internet?

How would I go about finding out why? Has anyone tried doing this in the past?

I did try one thing: forcing IP/DNS/Subnet; and pinging from the WIN2000 machine, but it didn't find the Linux box...Help!!!

Note: on Boot: "Bringing up interface eth0" fails!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not real knowledgeable yet, but I just had a simmilar problem. Check the firewall settings in Mandrake Controll Center. Even though I had dissabled it, when I tried to share connection, it raised up a bugger of a firewall, blocking everything.

You'll get an 'Eth0 fails' if the linux box asks for but doesn't recieve an ip. Try removing some of the extra hardware between the linux box and the windows box just to make sure thats not a problem.(hook them together as directly as you can.)