Sound Difficulties

AussieJohn

Following on from some of the posts on this subject and thanks to the poster who mentioned that soundwrwpper was the problem. I followed the suggested fix but found that after rebooting that the problem returned.

I dug further and went root (you cannot do this procedure from an account) into /usr/share/applnk-mdk/Multimedia/Sound. In there you will find Xmms.desktop and also Xmms.desktop~

Right click on the icon Xmms.desktop and select PROPERTIES, delete the word soundwrapper only and close out. Next right click on Xmms.desktop~ and open it with Kwrite then delete the word soundwrapper in Exec= then save and close out.

Guest pipplo

I used urpmi to update my system and all is well now with the soundwrapper command included, so this is another option. maybe try upgrading first :)

Anyway,

I think you can do this if you open mcc as su, and then edit the system menu, navigate to the multimedia/sound/xmms icon and change theproperties.

Also, if you do this don't forget to edit the file associations to make sure that works as well because soundwrapper was there also

Edited by pipplo

Thanks but I am referring to Mandrake 10 and there are no upgrades for that as far as I know. I think most people who are having this trouble with sound wrapper are also using Man10.

What you suggest as a procedure is exactly as what I have already outlined. You just used a different route to get there. cheers