Has ANYONE got the Alcatel Speedtouch 330 modem...

DanteDDK

... working with Mandrake 10 yet? Please let me know how you did it. Bare in mind i'm a complete Linux n00b and have only been using it for two days, so detailed explanations are much appreciated.

So far I’ve...

1. Downloaded the binary Microcode from the Alcatel Speedtouch site.

2. Renamed KQD6P2.eni as mgmt.o and put it on disk.

3. Ran the modem configuration tool in the hardware section (that had recognised I was using a Alcatel Speedtouch 330)

4. Entered my details and told Linux MDK to get the mgmt.o file from disk to the /usr/share/speedtouch directory - as it couldn't find my alcaudsl.sys on the windows partition (despite it being on there).

5. I then said I'd like to start my connection at reboot, restart the network (it told me I needed to) and then test the connection.

But the last part always says that my connection isn't responding.

It's the Silver USB modem by the way. I've heard that makes a difference.

HELP!

Welcome to the board.

I'm still on 9.1 with a turquoise Speedtouch and had to disable the firewall initially to get it working. The shorewall config files supplied by Mandrake were unusable with my setup.

Don't know if this applies to 10.0, but it might be worth trying... :)

When I load the firmware with modem_run, the LEDs go through the proper sequence but I get no prompts.

Then when I type pppd call adsl, nothing happens. The LEDs show that it's working though, but ifconfig shows nothing, pinging does not work.

Hm, I'll try disabling the firewall, but at least DHCP should get through right? :wall: