PANIC!

Zuke

Ok I just don’t get it. I have just acquired the new mandrake 10 isos and might I say I was quite exited. I uses to use Linux all the time but since I have built my new computer I haven’t been able to get Linux to run on it. I first tried to run mandrake Linux 9.1 but when I tried to boot it I got a kernel panic. Well then I tried 9.2 and behold it worked! I was able to fully install it on my computer but it was very unstable and refused to work with any of my hardware no matter what I did so alas I was crushed. Now I hear of the release of mandrake 10 and my hopes are high but when I try to boot form the media I get the far renowned kernel panic. I’m running a 2600+ amd processor on a KT400 Dragon ultra black edition MoBo. I’m not a linux master but in the same sence I’m not a retard ether so I ask is there anything I can do to fix this problem or am I doomed to spend a life on a inferior operating system (XP).

Help anyone!

Ok I just don’t get it. I have just acquired the new mandrake 10 isos and might I say I was quite exited. I uses to use Linux all the time but since I have built my new computer I haven’t been able to get Linux to run on it. I first tried to run mandrake Linux 9.1 but when I tried to boot it I got a kernel panic. Well then I tried 9.2 and behold it worked! I was able to fully install it on my computer but it was very unstable and refused to work with any of my hardware no matter what I did so alas I was crushed. Now I hear of the release of mandrake 10 and my hopes are high but when I try to boot form the media I get the far renowned kernel panic. I’m running a 2600+ amd processor on a KT400 Dragon ultra black edition MoBo. I’m not a linux master but in the same sence I’m not a retard ether so I ask is there anything I can do to fix this problem or am I doomed to spend a life on a inferior operating system (XP).

Help anyone!

I had the same problem with 9.1 and 9.2 at the boot prompt (hit f1 for more options) type

linux acpi=off noapic

If that doesn't work type

linux noauto

If that doesn't work

go in the bios and turn off all on-board options if possible (sound, usb, firewire etc)

What make and model of motherboard/videocard/harddrive are you using?