Nsync? or Rsync?

XtremeFear

as u can tell from the topic, i have no idea which it is, but i do know that it lets u dl the part of the linux file which is different from your current version, and saves you alot of bandwidht*in some cases.* i was wondering if someone can post or show me a very easy guide to know how to use rsync? nsync? so i can save bandwidth, and alot of hassle.

once again, an easy way to understand it please...

RSYNC can be simple or highly complex, depending on what you want to do. The examples i could give you would be much the same as you would see by typing out in a console

man rsync

If there is something you are trying to do or are stuck on, post it here and i can help you with some options.

As for bandwith savings, you will only save bandwith if the file/s have identical names, so if you say had a 500mb file called myfile2.35-ISO and an update came out called myfile2.36-ISO rsync would see it as a new file and d-load the whole file. The trick around this problem, is to rename the old file to the new name and then run rsync, that way only the small changes would be d-loaded.