gnome in logon screen

garyohanlon

When installing 9.2 I ommited to add gnome as one of my desktops thus it does not appear in the login manager, after many problems with installs on kde and the programs not going into the start menu (which i am finally getting around touch wood) I would like to try gnome and try and get used to that as well!. I have tried to work out how to get it on the login manager to no avail,

i have tried installing off of the disks using the software manager and am sure it is installed but want the option in the login screen.

i could do with some help!!! :unsure:

Do you know which login manager you are using? If it is GDM, click on 'session' and see if gnome is on that list.

If you installed Gnome with Mandrake's software manager, then your login manager should have been automatically updated.

To check if gnome is really installed, open up the software remove utility and search for gnome, if it is listed there then it should be installed.

For some fun and as a possible solution, open up a terminal, su yourself (root privileges) and type:

# urpmi gnome

...and watch the fireworks.

Keep posting, this should be easy to sort out!