Embedded Linux

Hi, I'm working on an embedded linux project. I have a TS-2800 board with a DiskOnChip 2000 from http://www.embeddedx86.com/, I downloaded a stock 2.4.18 kernel and proceeded to patch the kernel source with Embeddedx86's patch for the 2.4.18. Now I have tried this absolutely every possible way or else I wouldn't have posted. What I'm trying to do is basicly get the TS-Linux distro (2.4.18 with TS patch) to run off the DiskOnChip, I'm able to configure the kernel with fare ease, I do a 'make dep', everything goes well, but when I go to do a 'make bzImage' I get these errors (this is just a snip):

/usr/src/linux/include/asm/checksum.h:173:22: missing terminating " character

/usr/src/linux/include/asm/checksum.h:176: error: `__x' undeclared (first use in this function)

/usr/src/linux/include/asm/checksum.h:176: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void

I have gcc 3.3.1 and Mandrake 9.2, and I've been working with Linux for about a year without any problems, I know how much of a pain it may be to reply to such a post (I know, believe me) but thanks in advance.

Edited by hyperlink