downloading iso's

Guest FenestraeNunquam

Guest FenestraeNunquam

never tried d/l iso's before, but just tried getting the 9.0 iso's from this site.

hmmm...even though I have DSL, estimated time left 65 hours for the first one....

ok, so that's over a week for 3 CDs

any alternative sites for faster d/l's?

I'm gonna buy the PowerPack soon, but I want to play around with 9.0 on my older computer first.

never tried d/l iso's before, but just tried getting the 9.0 iso's from this site.

hmmm...even though I have DSL,  estimated time left 65 hours for the first one....

ok, so that's over a week for 3 CDs

any alternative sites for faster d/l's?

I'm gonna buy the PowerPack soon, but I want to play around with 9.0 on my older computer first.

hello,

go to ftp.free.fr (mandrake is a french distribution)

ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/unix/linux...s/Mandrake/iso/

ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/sunsite.uio....ndrake-iso/i586

ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/sunsite.uio....drake/Mandrake/

:)

Guest FenestraeNunquam

all 3 iso's now downloaded.

My computer is currently a dual-boot setup with win98se and Mandrake 8.1. Everything is working fine (LILO works good).

My 40Gb H-D was partitioned automatically during my initial install of mdk 8.1 a year ago. Mandrake decided to give win98se 23.5Gb and the remaining 16.5Gb was partitioned for linux.

Anyway, when I install my new 9.0 iso's, will they just install OVER my 8.1 partitions? I don't want 9.0 to repartition anything and I hope LILO doesn't get messed up - cuz its working fine now.

Guest FenestraeNunquam

another question:

The burning instructions that were on the above mentioned ftp site (instructions for Nero) say to select Data Mode 1, Block Size is 2048, Image Header & Image Trailer are -0-. Well, those settings are in the "foreign" section of Burn Image under Nero. All of those foreign settings are "greyed out" at least in my Nero.

So then what?