Awesome video editing...

Urza9814

I haven't installed it myself ..couldn't try at th emoment since I messed around a lot with my system and installed a lot from tar-balls ...(a lot ...). Anyway, I read you can get it from the plf-site.

I suppose evrything is there... You could add the plf-site as a rpm-repository (someone should really write a short piece about how to add repositories like plf, the normal cd's, contrib, (maybe) cooker, ... .. then you have a lot of software you cna just install by using your mandrake-sofoware-installer.)

If you don't know how to add a software-repository, just ask...

To get you started: (gui I suppose)

go to the mandrake control center, go to software-sources. Then add the plf-repository.

(ftp-repository)

ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/plf/mandrake/9.2/i586/]http://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/plf/...drake/9.2/i586/

You'll probably get an error, you have to say where the synthesis-list or so is ...it's:

ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/plf/mandrake/9.2/hdlist.cz

or/and

ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/plf/mandrake/9.2/synthesis.hdlist.cz

I think they both contain different info , but I dopn't really know the precise details.

(one is the list of packages I think and the other contains the info, but I'm not sure!!)

Someone else has to help tyou with that.

If you succeed, you can go to the software-installer in the Mandrake control center and search for filmgimp or whatever is present in plf and install what you want. I hope that it will take care of dependencies itself then ..if it finds evry rpm it needs, it normally will.

Hope this helps some

Edited by Michel

YAY! it seems easy enough...except for the fact that it doesn't work :(

I get 'Errors: retreive of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed; no hdlist file found for medium; problem reading synthesis file for medium'

I tried messing with that first URL a bit...it seemed a bit weird...I tried it as it was...tried putting a bracket in the front thinking you might have forgot that or something...and tried replacing the '...drake' with 'mandrake', thinking you might have copied it from somewhere that couldn't display the whole thing.