Mobile phone sync'ing

I am in the market for a new wireless phone and would like to get one with which I can sync with one of the linux PIM's, preferably Evolution but others would be ok. Not surprisingly, all of the phones just list MS Outlook. There seems to be some talk on the boards about various addons/plugins to connect with various phones/PDA's. Not sure if those devices just don't have standard support or if those are the only ones that will work at all. Someone out there must have some experience with this. Any advice on what to look for?

For what it's worth I will be using AT&T GSM service (USA).

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Sorry that your post was not answered until now! I use the Sony Erricson T610 to sync with Evolution. Here's how:

I have a usb bluetooth dongle (Epox) that I have setup using the Bluez stack for Linux and the multisync program.

Looking on Google will quickly return both.

Once I have established a connection with my phone (using bluez and gnome-bluetooth) I setup Multisync to use the Evolution plugin in a pair with a plugin called... irmc I think (not at my box now).

It works really well, I can sync contacts, to-do and calendar (doesn't do birthdays though).

This should work with any Sony Erricson phone. The new smartphones running Pocket PC can also be synced using synce, this is, however, very complicated and I would not recommend it.