IMAP Server too slow...on Mandrake 9.2

emilio90210

Hi everyone, i´ve setted up a Mandrake 9.2 Gateway/Web/Mail Server it works really cool but for the IMAP daemon, it tooks too long to retrieve mail, funny thing is that it actually get them ok, but takes toooo long. I dont know if this might be some missconfiguration on IMAP server or something else.

Im using Postfix as mail server MTA, IMAPD the rpm that cames with mandrake, shorewall firewal 1.49, adsl connection with pppoe.

Someone can give me a little help????

Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is your situation, but here's mine. I have a 9.2 system with a lan and connected to the internet via an adsl router. When accessing them imap mail from the localmachine or lan, its really fast, no problems. When accessing it through dial it, it was really slow to log in and open a new folder but quick to access messages when this had happened. It was the same when I got my adsl usb modem. When I switched to a router for my adsl at home, it was much much faster.

Haven't a clue why, but there you go.

have you checked the logs to see if something isn't right? here on my server (debian) the apropiate logs to look at are:

~# ls /var/log/mail.{err,info,log,warn}
/var/log/mail.err  /var/log/mail.info  /var/log/mail.log  /var/log/mail.warn

I don't remember which were the mandrake ones.

Take a look to it and report anything you might see related.

I'm not sure if this is your situation, but here's mine. I have a 9.2 system with a lan and connected to the internet via an adsl router. When accessing them imap mail from the localmachine or lan, its really fast, no problems. When accessing it through dial it, it was really slow to log in and open a new folder but quick to access messages when this had happened. It was the same when I got my adsl usb modem. When I switched to a router for my adsl at home, it was much much faster.

Haven't a clue why, but there you go.

no, im afraid it´s no my situation but thanks for trying, im not sure why is this happening i mean, im using the same configuration that i have with mandrake 9.1 and in that times the mail wroked really fast and good but with 9.2 its not that fast but really slow.

Thanks

have you checked the logs to see if something isn't right? here on my server (debian) the apropiate logs to look at are:
~# ls /var/log/mail.{err,info,log,warn}<!--QuoteEBegin-->/var/log/mail.err  /var/log/mail.info  /var/log/mail.log  /var/log/mail.warn

I don't remember which were the mandrake ones.

Take a look to it and report anything you might see related.

I checked logs discovering some errors like vulnerabilities on /var/spool/mail cos i haven´t chown it as 1777 but its done now, and some postalias complain but its done too, but i still having this like "performance" problem, and logs are not catching any anomalities.

Edited by emilio90210