Install on SATA

adrenaline

Hi all :)

I got MDK 10 working on a standard PATA drive in my PC (2gig Maxtor). I decided to nuke that install and install MDK on a 20 gig partition on my 2x 120 gig Seagate drives which have been setup on an Abit NF7-S motherboard in RAID 0 (64kb clusters).

I set up a 20gig partition on this drive with Partition Magic to an ext3 format.

Restarted the PC with the first CD in the drive went through the setting up the language, keyboard etc.

I get to a screen just before the partitioning screen (where you can choose to take over the windows partitions etc). This screen tells me that: Drive HDG is to corrupt for me the error is unknown partition table format on disk /dev/hdg. It has an option to write over the drive or keep the data, Obviously I need to keep the data, so I choose no.

The next screen I choose to do my own partitioning, the options that I have are this:

hda /mnt/win_c which is a PATA 120gig Seagate drive

hdb /mnt/win_c2 which is a PATA 2gig Maxtor drive

hde /mnt/win_c3 which I would think is the Raid 0 drives, but it only shows up as a 204 Gig drive and there’s no 20 gig partition that I put aside for the install.

The next thing is kinda weird it has another drive which shows up as: hdg empty size 111 gig with cylinder 0 to 232580.

Anyone able to help me please?

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this so please take your time with me ;)

Cheers

Nathan