WINE

After installing Wine 08-13-2003 rpm build that comes with MDK 9.2 as well as the Util rpm and the two libs that it automatically install for dependants. After install it said it was complete. But I lost almost all my functionality in KDE 3.1. As well as like my home and cd icon does not work. Also I lost like all my multimedia programs and my terminals in KDE as well as the start menu.. I lost half the default menus there like the config to access the control panel of KDE. OK, Since I have to access to anything. I have also tried failsafe and still nothing. Did I kill my install of MDK 9.2. And do I have to reinstall the OS again.

ctrl-alt-f1 will take you to a text login screen. login as root. use "exit" to log out when you're done. press ctrl-alt-f7 to go back to the GUI, logout and log back in. menu should have entries once again.

Don't you can just press "alt+F2" in kde to get a single command-line-rule?

Pressing a command like

xterm

will bring up a terminal. If you xterm installed. Don,'t know how the kde-terminal is called ...

anyway good you got it working again. I even think that if you run

update-menus

as a normal user (your own normal user account ...) you don't have to logout and login again...