internet and usb-modem

Michel

Heya,

I'm trying to install the asus-usb-modem under linux(this software is for all AM 6000UG-usb-modems). I found the necessary software and uit seems people succeeded in running it (not only the developpers ....).

Evrything installs fine, but I have problems with getting it running. I asked on their forums and am waiting for a response, but there is oen thing I find strange...

The connection is ppp over atm. I installed ppp and pppoatm. But when I enter pppd ....it gives a segmentation fault ..is there somethuing wrong with the default 9.2-package or can there be something else causing this? Can someone advise me a ppp-package he is running that doesn't crash ? Maybe also pppoatm, just to be sure that works.

I also didn't found a "/usb/bin/pppoa3"-file after installing it on the system. It's for my friends computer. I know I have one. I tried to look around, but maybe someone can tell me in which package it is? I don't know id I need it ..I have the shared library for pppoatm.

Oh yes ...if someone is interested .. when doing the first step ..that is loading some module, it says device or resource busy... If I remember ok, afterwards it says bulk_write: cannot write to endpoint 5 (something like that) .... and it gives up after four times.

Thanks.

Edited by Michel

it says device or resource busy ..I thiunk when trying to modprobe a module ...not sure. Can it be that supermount is getting in the way?

How do you disable supermount? I searched in /etc/modules.conf, but it is almost empty ..nothing to find there.

Edited by Michel

• 4 weeks later...