Linux on the screen / in media

aRTee

Have any of you followed the tv-series Alias?

If you have, you must have seen that anytime they show off some computer that's supposedly a complex/secure one, they show a linux (unix) shell.

Other than that, the KDE desktop is seen more than once, in the CIA secret facility for instance...

Now, they don't go at it with nmap as in the Matrix, and still easily get access, but anyway...

The movie Antitrust (more or less) started with more realistic hacking stuff, and this idea of doing things somewhat more realisitically is seeping through to other productions.

Any other examples?

I'm not in the US, but I have cable. To be more precise: Internet via cable, and sharereactor has plenty of ed2k links for Alias.

BTW I really need that, here they dub it in German, and I prefer original language stuff, with subs if I don't know the language....

I just finished the 2nd season and already got the first 5 parts of season 3, which are tv rips, haven't watched any of those yet...

BTW fvwm? Hmm, missed that.

Anyway, any other series that use the cli or linux to make computers look 'professional'...?